Farmingville, NY – On March 19, Supervisor Ed Romaine (center), was joined by Town Council members and other elected officials to honor recipients of the 2015 Women’s Recognition Awards at the 29th Annual Women’s Recognition Night, sponsored by the Town’s Office of Women’s Services and held at the town hall. Nominated by members of the community, the honorees either live or work in the Town of Brookhaven and have demonstrated excellence in their endeavors in a variety of areas.
Nominations were considered by members of Brookhaven’s Women’s Advisory Board and selected based on resumes and letters of recommendation.
Pictured in the back row with the honorees are County Legislator Kara Hahn (left), Councilman Kevin Lavalle (second from left), Supervisor Romaine (center), Councilwoman Connie Kepert (sixth from right), Councilwoman Jane Bonner, (third from right), Receiver of Taxes Lou Marcoccia and Councilwoman Valerie M. Cartright.
The 2015 Women’s Recognition Award winners are as follows:
• Business: Lorice Belmonte, Owner /The Colony Shop, Resident of Patchogue
• Community Service Professional: Linda Bily, Director-Patient Advocacy/Stony Brook Cancer Center, Resident of Selden
• Community Service Volunteer: Michelle L. Benincasa, Emergency Medical Technician/South Country Ambulance Co., Resident of Patchogue
• Education: Deborah A. Lang, Educator/Longwood School District, Resident of Middle Island
• Government: Sophia Serlis-McPhillips, Director/Middle Country Public Library, Resident of Stony Brook
• Health Care Provider: Pamela Koch, Certified Nurse Midwife and Clinical Instructor/Stony Brook Hospital, Resident of Yaphank
• Law: Honorable Karen M. Wilutis, District Court Judge/Suffolk County District Court, Resident of Miller Place
• Law Enforcement: Gail P. D’Ambrosio, Senior Probation Officer/Suffolk County Probation Department, Resident of Port Jefferson Station
• Medicine: Dr. Alice J. Kolasa, Director Palliative Medicine/John T. Mather Memorial Hospital, Resident of Mount Sinai
• Religion: Grace G. LoGrande, Volunteer/St. Margaret of Scotland RC Church, Resident of Selden
• Science: Dr. Nancy C. Marshall, Professor/Stony Brook University, Resident of Port Jefferson
• Visual & Performing Arts: Judith Levy, Director/Gallery North, Resident of Stony Brook
The Town of Brookhaven’s Office of Women’s Services, a Division of the Department of Housing and Human Services, provides a variety of services for women and their families. For more information, visit www.brookhaven.org.